Look up and Search
the English Translation of the Holy Quran
by Maulana Muhammad Ali
with option to display the Arabic text
1. Look up the translation (and optionally Arabic text) by chapter
and verse numbers:
2. Searching for words within the translation:
Type some text in the box below and press Search
to view just the verses where that text occurs.
Notes and rules for searching:
- A text string may contain spaces (e.g. People of the Book).
- Multiple strings may be specified by using ampersand (&).
The strings Jews&Christians will locate verses containing
both these words.
- If you search for a single text string, it must be at least
four characters long. However, if you search for multiple strings
then only one of them needs to be at least four characters long.
- This search also reports the occurrence of strings within words.
So searching for believe will also find believed, disbelieve
etc. (This has both drawbacks and advantages.)
- The Bismillah verse, In the name of Allah, the
Beneficent, the Merciful, is not included in the
- The only non-keyboard characters in the translation are these
The first one () is used as apostrophe (as in Pharaoh’s),
and it is used three times in transliteration (see list below).
The second one () is used in transliteration (see list
The third one is only a punctuation mark (the dash).
To enter any of these non-keyboard characters into the search
box, you can highlight, copy and paste it from these instructions.
Given below is a list of all the words (some of which occur
several times in the translation) containing these characters
as marks of transliteration: